Meetings, Announcements, and Upcoming Events
- Earth Science Achievement Award. This award honors individuals who have made significant contributions to advancing or facilitating the role of earth science in the areas of education, research, public service, and public policy in New Mexico. NMBGMR is accepting nominations for our annual
- New Mexico State Geological Sciences Colloquium — Wednesdays at 4:00 PM in Room 189 Breland Hall (BD), University Department of Geological Sciences. Refreshments are served at 3:45 PM.
- New Mexico Tech Bureau/EES Seminar Series — usually Thursdays at 4:00 pm during the spring and fall semesters sponsored by the Bureau and the Department of Earth & Environmental Science.
- University of New Mexico 401/501 Colloquium Series — Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences, Friday afternoons at 2:00 PM in Northrop Hall, Room 122 (the large lecture hall at the east end of the building). Refreshments are available before the talks beginning at 1:45 PM.
- NMGS Annual Spring Meeting, New Mexico Tech, Macey Center, Socorro NM, April 11, 2014
- AAPG Rocky Mountain Section Meeting— July 20-22, 2014, Denver Colorado
- 2014 Annual Fall Field Conference: Sacramento Mountains — Call For Papers
— September 24-27, 2014
- In celebration of Earth Science Week, we began collaborating in 2009 with the staff at KUNM radio to create a week-long series of stories on the geology of New Mexico called Earth Matters: Field Notes on the Geology of New Mexico's Enchanting Landscapes. We have posted podcasts of the radio spots in case you missed them or want to hear them again.
If you have an event of interest to the geoscience community in and around New Mexico, use the 'comments' email link below to contact the webmaster and we'll post it here.