Decision Makers Field Guide – 2005
Mining in New MexicoThe Environment, Water, Economics, and Sustainable Development
Edited by L. Greer Price, Doulas Bland, Virginia T. McLemore, and James M. Barker
Mining has played a significant role in the history and develop- ment of New Mexico and continues to play an important role in the state's economic prosperity. The future of this industry will depend upon achieving a balance between our needs and desires, the changing economy, and our growing concern over environmental and social issues. This anthology of 30 articles is a timely look at some of those science and policy issues. 176 pages with tables, diagrams, maps, and color photographs throughout.
$15.00 Buy Now
This publication is also available as a free download.
If you want to preview this book or read a particular paper, you can download the entire guidebook by chapter for free (requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software, version 6 or greater):
- Table of Contents including Introduction (1.23 Mb)
- Chapter 1: The Physical and Historical Framework (3.97 Mb)
- Chapter 2: Environmental and Water Quality Issues (7.39 Mb)
- Chapter 3: Policy, Economics, and The Regulatory Framework (1.87 Mb)
- Chapter 4: A Look to The Future (1.25 Mb)
- Back Matter: Includes Contributor bios, Photo credits, Acronyms, Geologic Timeline (647 Kb)