Lite Geology — Current Issue
Number 35, Spring 2014 (2.72 MB)
- New Technologies in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Economic Benefits and the Future of Oil and Gas in New Mexico
- Global Impacts of the Shale Oil and Gas Boom
- Coalbed Methane—Natural Gas from Coal
- Water Use in the San Juan Basin
- Crossword Puzzle
- New Mexico's Most Wanted Mineral—Anhydrite
- New Mexico's Enchanting Geology
- Classroom Activity—The Removal of Copper from a Carbonate
- Through the Hand Lens
- Earth Briefs: March 10 Socorro Earthquake!
- Short Items of Interest
Lite Geology back issues are free downloads.
Lite Geology was first published in the fall of 1992. Each issue includes articles and classroom activities, plus regular features, teachers' resources, web links, and upcoming geological and scientific events.
Each issue is free and in PDF format with bookmarked sections and links. To go to an online address within the issue just click on the link with your cursor and go. If you'd like, you can request to receive an e-mail notice when a new issue becomes available.