Lite Geology — Current Issue
Number 36, Fall 2014 (2.08 MB)
- New Mexico's Coal and Electricity Industries and the Clean Air Act
- Carbon Dioxide Emissions: New Guidelines and Economic Challenges
- Global Impacts of Coal Production
- Replacement Fuelss for Coal-Fired Electricity
- Water Use at Coal-fired Power Plants
- Earth Briefs: North Carolina Coal Ash Spill
- Crossword Puzzle
- New Mexico's Most Wanted Mineral—Whewellite
- New Mexico's Enchanting Geology
- Classroom Activity—Cupcake Core Sampling
- Through the Hand Lens
- Short Items of Interest
Lite Geology back issues are free downloads.
Lite Geology was first published in the fall of 1992. Each issue includes articles and classroom activities, plus regular features, teachers' resources, web links, and upcoming geological and scientific events.
Each issue is free and in PDF format with bookmarked sections and links. To go to an online address within the issue just click on the link with your cursor and go. If you'd like, you can request to receive an e-mail notice when a new issue becomes available.