3-D Seismic Studies
(scroll down for information on various projects)
Bone Spring 3-D Seismic Study (Delaware Basin) References:
- Hart, Bruce S., 1997, Slope to basin transition: Bone Spring Formation reservoirs, Delaware Basin, New Mexico: AAPG Annual Meeting Program with Abstracts, p. A48.
- Hart, Bruce S., 1997, New targets in the Bone Spring Formation, Permian Basin: Oil and Gas Journal, vol. 95, no. 30 (July 28 issue), p. 85-88.
- Hart, Bruce S., 1998, New Iinsights on the stratigraphy and production characteristics of the Bone Spring Formation, in W. 27 October, 2006 s into the 21st century: West Texas Geological Society Publication # 98-105, p. 119-126.
- Hart, B.S., 1998, Sequence stratigraphic interpretation of the Leonardian (Permian) Bone Spring Formation, Delaware Basin: Insights on reciprocal sedimentation from three-dimensional seismic data, American Association of Petroleum Geologists Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT, CD-ROM Abstracts.
- Hart, B.S., Pearson, R.A., Smith, R., and Leiphart, D.J., 2000, The Bone Spring Formation, Delaware Basin: Progress and Future Directions. In, SW-Section AAPG Annual Meeting, in press.
- Hart, B.S., Pearson, R.A., Smith, R.R., Leiphart, D.J., 2000, Insights on lowstand systems tract development from the Delaware Basin. American Association of Petroleum Geologists Annual Meeting, Abstracts, in press.
- Pearson, Robin A., 1999, Sequence stratigraphy and seismic-guided estimation of log properties of the second sand member of the Bone Spring Formation, Delaware Basin, New Mexico: M. S. Thesis, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, NM, 124 p.
- Pearson, R. A., and B. S. Hart, 1998, Stratigraphy and seismic-guided estimation of log properties of the second sand member of the Bone Spring Formation, Delaware Basin, New Mexico, in W. D. DeMis and M. K. Nelis, eds., The search continues into the 21st century: West Texas Geological Society Publication # 98-105, p. 213-219.
- Pearson, R.A., and Hart, B.S., 1998, Sequence stratigraphy and seismic attribute analysis of the Bone Spring Formation, Delaware Basin, NM, Proceedings New Mexico Geological Society 1998 Spring Meeting, April 9, Socorro, NM, p.28.
- Pearson, R.A., and Hart, B.S., 1999, Convergence of 3-D seismic attribute-based reservoir property prediction and geologic interpretation as a risk reduction tool: a case study from a Permian intraslope basin. 68th Annual Int. Mtg., Society of Exploration Geophysicists, Expanded Abstracts, 99 CD-ROM.
Nash Draw 3-D Seismic Study (Delaware Basin)
- The Nash Draw 3-D seismic dataset was analyzed by Bruce Hart as a subcontract to a DOE Class III (Slope-Basin Reservoir Characterization) contract awarded to Strategic Technologies Resources L.L.C. of Roswell, NM. Portions of that work have been presented in papers listed above.
Ute Dome 3-D Seismic Study (San Juan Basin) References:
- Hart, B.S., Ralser, S., Balch, R.S., Cooper, S., Herrin, M., and Nikolaissen, K., 1999, Team evaluates role of structures and stratigraphy at Ute Dome Gas Field, San Juan Basin. In, Proceedings 1999 Landmark Worldwide Technology Forum, Houston, May 10-12 (not consecutively paginated). Also: Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists Annual Convention, CD-ROM.
- Hart, Bruce S., M. Herrin, K. Nikolaissen, S. Ralser, R. Balch, and S. Cooper, 1999, Is the Pennsylvanian play in the San Juan Basin a fractured reservoir play? Lessons from Ute Dome, in Fractured reservoirs: characterization and production: Petroleum Technology Transfer Council symposium, September 29th, Farmington, New Mexico, 3 p.
- Ralser, S., and Hart, B., 1999, Structural evolution of Ute Dome, NW New Mexico: implications for the development of the Hogback Monocline. Geol.Soc.Am.Annual Meeting Program with Abstracts.