Bruce D. AllenField Geologist
New Mexico Bureau of Geology & Mineral Resources
New Mexico Tech
2808 Central SE
Albuquerque NM 87106-2245
(505) 366-2559 fax
Education and Positions
- B.S., 1986, Geology, University of New Mexico.
- Ph.D., 1993, Geology, University of New Mexico. Late Quaternary lacustrine record of paleoclimate from Estancia basin, central New Mexico, USA.
- Field Geologist, 1996-present, New Mexico Bureau of Geology and Mineral Resources, NM Tech.
- Instructor, 1994, University of New Mexico. E&PS-481, Geomorphology and Surficial Processes.
- Research Assistant, 1987-1996, University of New Mexico.
- Teaching Assistant, 1987-1989, University of New Mexico.
Specialties and Interests
- Quaternary geology
- Geology of New Mexico
- White Sands Missile Range, Geologic investigation of the Mound Springs area, northern Tularosa basin.
- NM Department of Public Safety, Installation of tiltmeters across the ground surface above the Socorro magma body to monitor its movements relative to local seismic and volcanic hazards.
- NSF, Hydrologically coupled estimates of decadal to millennial climate variability during the Holocene and late Pleistocene, Estancia basin, central New Mexico.
- STATEMAP, Albuquerque West, Chilili, Edgewood, Escabosa, King Draw, San Pedro, and Sedillo 7.5' quadrangles.
- Collaborative research, Hydrologic and sedimentologic investigation of Holocene inner-valley fill, middle Rio Grande basin.
- State of New Mexico, Geochemistry of surface waters before and after open-pit mining in the Questa molybdenum mine area, Taos County, NM.
- NSF, High-resolution stratigraphy: Application to hydrologic-climatic reconstructions in southwestern United States.
- City of Albuquerque, Office of the State Engineer, and Bernalillo County, Compilation and hydrogeologic interpretation of drill-hole data for the Albuquerque groundwater basin.