Bruce D. Allen
New Mexico Bureau of Geology & Mineral Resources
New Mexico Tech
2808 Central SE
Albuquerque NM 87106-2245
(505) 366-2559 fax
I conduct scientific research, provide information for planners, managers, and other groups or individuals, prepare geologic maps, and work with other geoscientists and educators in order to achieve a better understanding of earth science topics in New Mexico. I'm based in the Bureau's Albuquerque Office, and assist with requests for geological information and publication sales. Currently I am the science editor for the NMBGMR’s technical journal, New Mexico Geology.
- B.S., 1986, Geology, University of New Mexico.
- Ph.D., 1993, Geology, University of New Mexico. Late Quaternary lacustrine record of paleoclimate from Estancia basin, central New Mexico, USA.
Specialties and Interests
- Quaternary geology
- Geology of New Mexico
- Mapping, northeastern Socorro County (Sevilleta National Wildlife Refuge) and eastern Bernalillo/southern Santa Fe/northern Torrance counties (East Mountains area).
- Collaborative research, stratigraphic studies of Upper Paleozoic rocks, central New Mexico.
- Tularosa basin, investigations of Quaternary deposits and features in the northern part of the basin (White Sands Missile Range) and White Sands National Monument.