New Mexico Bureau of Geology and Mineral Resources
New Mexico Tech
Socorro, NM 87801
- 1991: New Mexico Tech , Ph.D., Geochemistry. Dissertation: The Petrology and petrogenesis of Late Archean K-rich granites in the Archean Wyoming Province, U.S.A.
- 1986: University of Saskatchewan , M.S., Geology. Thesis: The Geology of the Steep Rock Group, N. W. Ontario: A major Archaean inconformity and Archaean stromatolites
- 1982: Oxford University , B.A., Geology
- January 1995 - present: New Mexico Bureau of Geology and Mineral Resources
- 1994: Research Associate and Instructor, New Mexico Tech
- 1991-1993: Postdoctoral Associate and Instructor, New Mexico Tech
- 1987-1990: Teaching Assistant, New Mexico Tech
- 1986-1987: Research Assistant, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland
- 1983-1985: Teaching Assistant, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
- 2011 OSM (Office of Surface Mining) San Juan Basin Mine Map Initiative
- 2009 OSM (Office of Surface Mining) Gallup Mine Map Initiative.
- 2006-2007 New Mexico Geological Society grant to create webpages of the Table of Contents and routes of all 57 NMGS Fall Field Conference Guidebooks
- 2006 OSM (Office of Surface Mining) Continuation of Mine Map Initiative.
- 2006 Honorary Member of the New Mexico Geological Society
- 2004 MSHA (Mine Safety Health Adminisstration) Mine Map Initiative Award to catalogue scan, and georeference historic coal mine maps in New Mexico
- WERC (Waste Management Environmental Research Consortium) award for study on NORM (naturally occurring radioactive materials) in the oil fields of New Mexico: 1991-1993
- Geological Society of America Research Grant (1988, 1989). Richard A. Matuzeski Graduate Scholarship (1988, 1989); American Association of Business Women Scholarship (1989); J.D. Love Wyoming Geological Society Scholarship (1989); Association for Women GEoscientists Award, Denver Chapter (1989). The Robert Wellnitz Scholarship (New Mexico Geological Scoiety, 1989).
- Editorial Board of Lite Geology 2012-Present
- NMGS Publications Chair 2002-2009
- NMGS Executive Committee Member 2000 Treasurer; 2001 Vice President; 2002 President; 2003 & 2005 Past President
- 2001, 2004-2006 Registration Co-Chair NMGS Fall Field Conference
- 1996 General Co-Chair NMGS Spring Meeting
- 1995 Registration Chair Spring & Fall Meetings, New Mexico Geological Society (NMGS)