Broadhead: Professional Society Memberships
American Association of Petroleum
- Editor of Search and Discovery, the online journal of AAPG, 2011-present.
- House of Delegates, 1984-2004. Honored with Long-Service Award in 2004
- Rocky Mountain Membership Committee, 1987-1993
- Advisor, New Mexico Tech Student Chapter of AAPG, 1995-2000
- Technical Program Chairman 2000 Rocky Mountain Section Meeting
- Monroe G. Cheney Science Award, presented by Southwest Section AAPG, 2002, "in recognition of contributions to the petroleum geology of the Southwest Region"
- A.I. Levorsen Award for Best Paper at 2002 Southwest Section AAPG meeting: "geologic structure and petroleum source rocks of the Tucumcari Basin"
- Charles H Taylor Fellow in 2014
- Distinguished Service Award in 2015
- Member since 1978. Forty year member in 2018.
- SEPM, Society for Sedimentary Geology (Member since 1980)
- New Mexico Geological
- President, 1993
- Vice President, 1992
- Treasurer, 1991
- Secretary, 1990
- General Cochairman, Annual Spring Meeting, 1986, 1987
- Registration Chairman, Annual Spring Meeting, 1985
- Roswell Geological Society
- General Chairman, 1983 joint field trip with New Mexico Bureau
Mines and Mineral Resources
- Honorary Member, 2008.
- West Texas Geological Society
- Distinguished Service Award, 2009
Four Corners Geological Society
- Albuquerque Geological Society
- Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists
- Sigma Xi
- Member 1981-2009
- President, New Mexico Tech Chapter, 1989-1990
- Program Chairman, 1988-1989
- Treasurer, 1987-1988
- Friends of the Socorro Public Library
(OK, not a professional society per se, but still important. Served as Vice President several years back.)