Please click on a subject from the list below to bring up my publications on that topical area, or view my CV for a complete list.
- Permian Basin
- San Juan Basin
- Tucumcari Basin and Elevator Basins
- Raton and Las Vegas Basins
- Other New Mexico Basins and Areas, including Estancia Basin, Albuquerque Basin, Chupadera Mesa, Tularosa Basin & Otero Platform, Pedregosa Basin, and west-central New Mexico
- Appalachian Basin (from my graduate studies)
- Helium Resources
- Carbon Dioxide Resources
- General Petroleum Exploration and Geology in New Mexico
- Induced Seismicity
- Educational and Other Publications, Databases
This extensive volume that covers the oil, natural gas, helium, and carbon dioxide geology of the state in both producing and non-producing basins was recently published and is available through our Publications Office.
Broadhead, R.F., 2017, Energy and mineral resoources of New Mexico, Petroleum geology: New Mexico Bureau of Geology and Mineral Resources Memoir 50A, New Mexico Geological Society Special Publication 13A, 90 p. Order here.
- Editor of Search and Discovery, the online journal of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, July 2011 - June 2018.