We offer a number of publications that can help understand the geology around you while you explore New Mexico. You also might want to bring along a copy of our Geologic Highway Map of New Mexico for all your geologic adventures.
- Scenic Trips in to the Geologic Past
- A series of guidebooks to various geologically interesting regions in and around New Mexico.
- Decision Makers Field Guides
- Field guides prepared to educate decision makers about topical issues in New Mexico.
- Public Lands
- Geologic field guides about public lands in New Mexico.
- Mines, Minerals, and Gold Brochures
- These are free downloads providing information on mineral collection, gold panning, and mines and mills in New Mexico
- New Mexico Geological Society Publications
- Fall Field Conference Guidebooks, Special Publications, and the Geologic Highway Map of New Mexico (produced in cooperation with the bureau).
- Classic Upper Paleozoic Reefs and Bioherms of West Texas and New Mexico
- By Peter A. Scholle, Robert H. Goldstein, and Dana S. Ulmer-Scholle, 2007
- Chaco Canyon Country — A Field Guide to the Geomorphology, Quaternary Geology, Paleoecology, and Environmental Geology of Northwestern New Mexico
- Stephen G. Wells, David W. Love, Thomas W. Gardner, [eds.], 1983