Archives & Collections
Archiving data and housing geological collections is an important role the Bureau of Geology plays in improving our understanding of the geology of New Mexico. Aside from our numerous publications, several datasets are available to the public at our main office in Soccoro:
Geologic Information Center - Our library of all things geologic that relate to New Mexico (includes a large number of theses and dissertations).
- NM Geologic Bibliography - reference database for geologic publications that pertain to NM
- New Mexico Library of Subsurface Data - Core, cuttings, and logs for wells drilled in NM
- Historical Documents - Many photographs and other documents related to the long mining history of NM
- Energy Related
- Mining Related
- Historical Photographs
- Mineral Museum
We are always interested in accepting donations for our archives. Of particular interest:
- Petroleum records, well logs, geophysical logs, core, cuttings — contact our Subsurface Library
- Mining related documents, mine maps, historical photographs — contact our Geologic Information Center
- Books, technical reports, geologic maps — contact our Geologic Information Center
- Mineral or fossil specimens, mining artifacts — contact our Mineral Museum
If you have other geology-related materials that you wish to donate, please contact us.