Resources for Teachers
The Geological Extension Service (GES) of the New Mexico Bureau of Geology and Mineral Resources coordinates information resources and services for teachers. The GES also conducts teacher and student workshops like Rockin' around New Mexico -- a geology workshop for K-12 teachers -- and provides displays and Earth Science information at teacher conferences and other educational gatherings.
You may also want to:
- Browse the current and back issues of Lite Geology, which is a publication intended for earth science teachers in New Mexico.
- Download our prepared geoscience exercises
- Visit our Earthquake Education website "Tremor"
- Read about our Water Resources Education Program
- Browse our our list of 'web Sources for Geological Education Activities and Lesson Plans
- Check out the Sandia Mountain Natural History Learning Center
For more information, contact:
Cynthia Connolly, Manager, Geologic Extension Service