We offer a number of publications that can help understand the geology around you while you explore New Mexico. You also might want to bring along a copy of our Geologic Highway Map of New Mexico for all your geologic adventures.
- Scenic Trips in to the Geologic Past
- A series of guidebooks to various geologically interesting regions in and around New Mexico.
- Decision Makers Field Guides
- Field guides prepared to educate decision makers about topical issues in New Mexico.
- Public Lands
- Geologic field guides about public lands in New Mexico.
- Mines, Minerals, and Gold Brochures
- These are free downloads providing information on mineral collection, gold panning, and mines and mills in New Mexico
- New Mexico Geological Society Publications
- Fall Field Conference Guidebooks, Special Publications, and the Geologic Highway Map of New Mexico (produced in cooperation with the bureau).
- Classic Upper Paleozoic Reefs and Bioherms of West Texas and New Mexico
- By Peter A. Scholle, Robert H. Goldstein, and Dana S. Ulmer-Scholle, 2007
- Chaco Canyon Country — A Field Guide to the Geomorphology, Quaternary Geology, Paleoecology, and Environmental Geology of Northwestern New Mexico
- Stephen G. Wells, David W. Love, Thomas W. Gardner, [eds.], 1983
Miscellaneous Other Guidebooks
|Stock#||Title||Price / Details|
|AAPG GDBK||Southwest Section of AAPG Transactions and Guidebook of 1986 Convention, Ruidoso, New Mexico, 1986, 157 pages.||$12.75Buy Now|
|ABO GDBK||Guidebook for field trip to Abo red beds (Permian), central and south-central New Mexico, Broadhead, R.F.; Speer, S.W.; Kottlowski, F.E.; MacMillan, J.R.; Cappa, J.A.; Scott, G.L.; Brannigan, J.P.; and Mitchell, S., 1983, 73 pages.||$10.50Buy Now|
|Completeset||Complete Set Including: All available guidebooks and special publications., NMGS.||
(contact us for availability)
|CompletesetR||Complete Set Including: All available guidebooks, special publications, and roadlogs., NMGS.||
(contact us for availability)
|G00028_Supp||San Juan Basin III (Northwestern New Mexico) supplement, Siemers, Charles T. and Wadell, James S., 1977, 21 pages, NMGS.||$10.00Buy Now|
|NMparks_v1||Geology of Northern New Mexico's Parks, Monuments, and Public Lands, Price, L. Greer; [ed.], 2010, 372 pages, ISBN: 9781883905255.||$24.95Buy Now|
|rg_guide||The Rio Grande: A River Guide to the Geology and Landscapes of Northern New Mexico, Bauer, Paul W., 2011, 120 pages, ISBN: 978-1-883905-28-6.||$18.95Buy Now|
|SO AREA GDBK||Guidebook to the Socorro Area, New Mexico, McLemore, V.T.; Bowi, M.R.; compilers, 1987, 75 pages.||$10.50Buy Now|
|B-134||Field Excursions to the Jemez Mountains, New Mexico, Self, Stephen; Heiken, G.; Sykes, M. L.; Wohletz, K.; Fisher, R. V.; Dethier, D. P., 1996, 72 pages.||$13.00Buy Now|
Field Guide to Geologic Excursions in New Mexico and Adjacent Areas of Texas and Colorado, Julian, B.; Zidek, J., 1991, 192 pages.
[Out-of-print, available on disc]
|B-149||Fieldtrip Guide to the Geochronology of El Malpais National Monument and the Zuni-Bandera Volcanic Field, Laughlin, A. William; Charles, R. W.; Reid, K.; White, C., 1993, 23 pages.||$7.00Buy Now|
|C-154||Guidebook to Coal Geology of Northwest New Mexico, Beaumont, Edward C.; Shomaker, J. W.; Stone, W. J., 1976, 58 pages.||$8.50Buy Now|
|C-163||Guidebook to Rio Grande Rift in New Mexico and Colorado, complied by Hawley, John W., 1978, 241 pages.||$20.00Buy Now|
|GDBK-33||Road Logs to Albuquerque Country, Grambling, J.A., Wells, S.G., Callender, J.F.; [eds.], 1982, 124 pages, NMGS.||$5.00Buy Now|
|OFR-22||Geologic guide to the trails at Philmont Scout Ranch, Balk, Robert, 1953, 74 pages, [CD/DVD-ROM on demand].||$10.00Buy Now|
|Quebradas_Guide||A Geologic Guide to the Quebradas Back Country Byway, Peter A. Scholle, 2010, Bureau/BLM.|
|SP-7||Field Guide to Selected Cauldrons and Mining Districts of the Datil-Mogollon Volcanic Field, New Mexico, Chapin, C. E.; Elston, W. E.; James, H. L.; [eds.], 1978, 149 pages, NMGS.||$5.00Buy Now|