Geologic Map Search
- This search form excludes topographic maps (a separate topo search is available).
- You can also find geologic maps in a specific area by using the interactive map below.
- Another way to locate maps is to use either our Interactive Map Portal or the USGS National Geologic Map Database which catalogs maps in various searchable ways.
- Our full-text search will return results from webpages, PDF documents, or other files and can be restricted to just publications or just maps. There is also separate general inventory search.
- You may also want to search our Geologic Bibliography for New Mexico.
To find a map, zoom in to the area of interest, then click on the map to see it's name and a link to view more information. You can turn on/off layers for the map series displayed and change the basemap using the layers icon.