Image of the Day — Contribute Images
Each Image of the Day highlights an interesting geological story. Most images are from New Mexico, but some are from out-of-state projects that our staff are working on. We also have a more general Image Gallery, and some of those images are used on the banner of our website (as above). We also have several curated galleries including our pages highlighting New Mexico's Enchanting Landscapes, and snapshots from our Annual NM Mineral Symposium.
If you have a great image highlighting something interesting about geology in and around New Mexico that you would like contribute for our"Image of the Day" or other image galleries, please contact us via the comments link below. We can display your name, copyright information, use restrictions, and a link to your website along with your image.
If you do send us an image, we'll need:
- An image that is 1000 pixels wide (or wider)
- An overlay image that is the same size as the image above with annotations explaining features (optional)
- Image title
- Caption (optional)
- Your name
- Copyright details (you implicitly give us permission to post your image by submitting it)
- Image date or year (optional)
- Use restrictions (if any)
- Keywords (optional)
- Description explaining the geological significance of the image (can include links)
- Image location: (optional)
- Lat/Long (decimal degrees preferred) or UTM
- Location description and/or directions
You can retain copyright for your images. We will not use your images for any other purpose without your permission, and you can request that your images be removed from our website at any time.