Dr. Alexander Gysi
- 2021-2024, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) - DE-SC0022269 (PI: Alexander Gysi; co-PI/Is: Waters and Hurtig at NMT, Dub and Migdisov at LANL, Zhu at U. Indiana), $2,700,000. Molecular complexation of rare earth elements (REE) in high temperature and pressure supercritical geologic fluids.
- 2021-2024, NSF-MRI EAR-2117061 (PI. Nicole Hurtig; co-PIs: Gysi, Jones, Kalugin, and Rubasinghege at NMT), $396,934. Acquisition of a high-resolution confocal Raman microscope with capabilities to perform liquid and solid experiments.
- 2020-2023, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) - BES grant 2032373 (PI: Alexander Gysi), $895,603. An internally consistent thermodynamic database for the rare earth elements (REE) at hydrothermal conditions.
- 2019-2024, NSF-EAR CAREER grant 1845258/2039674 (PI: Alexander Gysi), $577,485. Partitioning of Rare Earth Elements (REE) Between Minerals and Aqueous Fluids in Ore Deposits
- 2017-2020 NSF-EAR grant 1649656/2032761 (PI: Alexander Gysi), $328,368. The thermodynamic properties of rare earth element (REE) minerals: a solid solution model for xenotime-(Y) and monazite-(Ce).