Decision-Makers Field Guide—2009
Water, Natural Resources, and the Urban Landscape
Edited by L. Greer Price, Douglas Bland, Peggy S. Johnson, and Sean D. Connell
The 2009 field guide provides a broad overview of geologic and resource management issues related to the rapidly growing Albuquerque metropolitan area. The 23 individual papers, written for a general audience, address the most critical of these issues, including water supply strategies for the future, geologic hazards of the Albuquerque area, saline waters and deep, non-potable aquifers, and flood control challenges. Several articles provide a broad overview of the geology and hydrology of the Albuquerque region. 152 pages with full color photographs, maps, illustrations, diagrams, tables, and a separate fold out map of the drainage facilities in the Albuquerque Metropolitan area.
$15.00 Buy Now
Also available as a free download.
Download free by chapter in PDF format:
(requires version 8 or greater) Note that the electronic version excludes some material.
- Table of Contents (including Introduction) (1.75 MB)
- Chapter 1: The Physical and Historical Framework (5.53 MB)
- Chapter 2: The Middle Rio Grande Today (2.97 MB)
- Chapter 3: Current Issues on the Middle Rio Grande (5.05 MB)
- Chapter 4: A Vision of the Future (4.57 MB)
- Contributor Bios, Photography, Acronyms, Graphic Credits, geologic map (4.58 MB)
- Drainage Facilities in the Albuquerque Metropolitan Area (fold out map - large original size) 2.49 MB
- Drainage Facilities in the Albuquerque Metropolitan Area (fold out map - 11x17" tabloid size) 1.99 MB