Virtual Geologic Tour of New Mexico
These virtual geologic tours explore the high mountains of north-central New Mexico, the rugged mountains of southern New Mexico, and the wide open spaces of the eastern and northwestern parts of our great state.
The geology of the Land of Enchantment can be viewed in several ways:
- Are you interested in our scenic landmarks and landscapes?
- Would you like to visit our state parks and monuments?
- Would you like to know more about the geology of Federal parks, monuments, and rufuges in New Mexico?
- Are you interested in the physiography of New Mexico?
Enjoy your tour and visit again because we are adding to these pages frequently.
- Volcanoes of New Mexico (from the NM Museum of Natural History)
- Online guide to the continental Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary in the Raton basin, Colorado and New Mexico (from the USGS)